Chief of Staff
This position has now been filled.
What we’re looking for:
Renegade is looking for a self-starter to provide strategic and logistical support to the CEO and founder, Amy Jo Martin. We are searching for a super leader to help manage various aspects of a growing start up, including managing correspondence and social media channels, conducting research about potential clients, coordinating schedules and amplifying the CEO’s brand and exposure. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, organized, ambitious and entrepreneurial.
This individual will act as a key liaison pertaining to the CEO’s time, availability, and priorities internally with all teams and stakeholders as Amy Jo navigates leading/growing the business, recording the podcast, traveling to speaking engagements, writing her next book, serving on boards, overseeing Renegade curriculum and playing an active, pivotal role in the growing Renegade Member Community while while wearing her favorite hat – Mother to 3 year old, Lincoln.
This person will have natural marketing and social instincts and a desire to work directly with the CEO of a rapidly growing company. The goal is to help amplify our CEO’s time by passionately owning tasks and responsibilities previously managed by the CEO. You will help boost our brand awareness and engage prospects and clients through creating compelling online content, customer experience, and creating additional capacity for our CEO. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy digging into data tied to marketing results, have the ability to wear different hats and pivot as the needs of a startup change.
Who we are:
Renegade is a human innovation company that unlocks positive disruption and economic impact for both individuals and corporations alike - from female corporate executives to female founded companies to Fortune 50 clients.
We teach leaders how to build and leverage their personal brands to go further than they ever thought possible. Through Renegade Global Ventures, we create more female investors by providing education, mentorship and access to both deal flow for investors as well as the flow of capital to founders. We value a “no ego” kind of energy and are fiercely committed to each other’s personal and professional goals.
General Management (50%)
- Act as a key liaison pertaining to the CEO’s time, availability, and priorities internally with all teams and stakeholders
- Act as a surrogate for the CEO in meetings as directed - Take notes, report back to the CEO, and be the voice of the executive where appropriate
- Provide administrative support to our CEO (booking travel, schedule management, run of show for speaking events, etc.)
- Travel (when necessary) with our CEO to speaking engagements to manage the run of show and content collection
- Manage daily schedule, adjusting appointments and logistics as needed to ensure the CEO’s time is spent effectively and in line with priorities
- Keep the CEO on task by managing her workload and making her days as high impact and productive as possible
- Work with Development on upkeep of the database and other systems
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Content Production (40%)
- Pipeline and brand management, including monitoring and replying to inbound messages (LinkedIn, Instagram and email) in alignment with our brand guidelines
- Develop and implement a social content calendar for our CEO
- Design visuals and content that highlight the CEO’s subject matter expertise and drives engagement with our affiliated brands and partners; including stories, feed posts, reels, videos, etc
Research and Prep (10%)
- Monitor engagement and conduct research on people who engage with our content
- Research potential and scheduled podcast guests and create materials (pre and post show) to amplify interview
Who You Are:
- Renegade. Owner Mentality: Ability to take full ownership of projects and effectively communicate with executives regarding status and impact
- Incredibly organized: able to keep pace with multiple competing responsibilities
- A creative problem-solver: able to recognize and come up with a solution if the initial strategy is not working
- Resilient & adaptable: able to roll with the punches and jump in to learn new software and tools
- Dedicated to learning: committed to growing your skills and knowledge by keeping challenged, receiving feedback, asking questions, and rapidly testing hypotheses
- 2-5 years experience
- Familiarity with social media for business
- Keen eye for detail and proactive thinker
- Ability to analyze engagement on Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Proficiency in Canva
- The ability to work independently and as a partner to collaborate on overall strategic goals
Experience That Makes Our Heart Flutter:
- Graphic Design and/or social media management background
- Desire to take ownership in their work and be part of building a companyWriting skills
- Strong “figure it out” muscle
- Solid mix of confidence and humility with the desire to dive in and learn
- Knowledge of SEO and keyword research tools
Benefits + Perks:
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-growth start up
- Ability to get real, hands-on experience (not just paper pushing!) by an award-winning marketer and Founder
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for equity
- Education and networking opportunities
How did this whole “Renegade” thing get started?
Way back in 2008 with Shaquille O’Neal. Video here explains.
To be considered for this position email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org